Ranked consistently as one of the top ten places to live in the world for over twenty years and the second best country in the world by US News & World Report in 2017, Canada has also become the most popular destination for international students seeking higher learning opportunities (Times higher Education’s World University rankings 2018). Canadian education system is among the best in the world, and a degree from a Canadian university is an affordable alternative to a North American education.
A poll carried out by the International Student Admissions Service (ISAS) in September 2017 has found that 62% of respondents (out of 1700 students) has placed Canada as their first choice. High ratings for education, healthcare, and public safety; the best quality of life; plenty of job opportunities after graduation; affordable tuition and living; vibrant cultural life; high degree of technology; geographical beauty; and policies seen as warm and welcoming have been identified as the reasons for this trend.
• 26 Canadian universities featured in the QS World University Rankings 2019, University of Toronto, McGill University, University of Alberta, University of Calgary, University of Waterloo, to name a few
• 9 out of 10 provinces in Canada have universities placed in international rankings
• A degree from a Canadian university is internationally recognized and valued highly in the global job market
• The country spends more on education, encouraging schools, colleges, and universities to upgrade their resources and attract talented academics
• Industry leaders collaborate with the universities to develop the curriculums to ensure that graduates are uniquely adaptable to the challenges and opportunities in their professional fields
• Canada is ranked #4 in the world for scientific research
• Reputation for STEM subjects, including computer and information technology, telecommunications, engineering, aerospace, and biotechnology
• Lecture material translated into practice through cooperative education and internship options, off-campus project work, field trips and collaboration with business and industry
• Off campus work options for up to 20 hrs per week during the academic year and full time during scheduled breaks
• On-campus career centers to help students find work in Canada (international students can work up to 3 years in Canada after completing their studies)
• International students eligible to apply for a postgraduate work permit or PR (permanent residence) and many of them succeed
• Reasonable tuition fees and moderate cost of living compared to other popular study destinations in the world
• Many scholarships and financial planning services on offer
Student Friendly Multicultural Environment
Canadian educated graduates always mention enjoying the feeling of a home away from home and being exposed to diversity through students who come to Canada from all over the world.
And Canadians are extremely friendly and welcoming. Moreover, some Canadian cities have consistently been rated as the Best Student Cities in the QS Rankings: Montreal, Toronto, and Vancouver.
Rough Guides, a British travel publication ranked Canada the second most beautiful country in the world in September 2017. According to Far & Wide, “from breathtaking national parks to stunning architecture to dazzling beaches, there’s no shortage of beauty to be found” in Canada, “so the international love comes as no surprise…”
Why Choose ANC Education?
ANC’s US/ Canadian Transfer Program has paved the way for 2000+ students to successfully continue their higher education in top ranking universities in America and Canada.
During their stay at ANC, transfer students complete up to 60 academic credits that meet the standards established in US and Canadian universities, which in turn ensures that they receive academic credit or advanced academic standing in any US/ Canadian university of their choice. ANC students have transferred to several Canadian universities of high repute, including York University, University of Toronto, University of Alberta, Acadia University, McMaster University, and University of Waterloo.
• 16 years of excellence in international education
• 30+ study abroad agreements with US and Canadian universities and credit transfers to partner universities
• Guidance given to choose programs based on students’ interests, skills, competencies, and future plans
• Transfer students guided step by step for a smooth transfer between colleges
• Application services and student VISA assistance Well-qualified faculty with industry experience
• Learning Centre (free remedial classes/ one-on-one attention)
• Strong student support services
• Merit-based scholarships
• Extra-curricular Activities
• Summer courses for transfer students
• Free IELTS/SAT preparations
“My Transfer from ANC to York University was seamless and a fast process, all the credits go to Ms. Manouri, Ms. Prabhavi and other amazing staff at ANC who guided me through the entire transfer.
York University is in one of the most culturally diverse city in the world, Toronto, vibrant downtown to calm suburbs and lakes, the contrast is stunning. I was amazed on how easily I was able to settle into a completely different country within days…
Ontario is also a hub for part-time jobs and internships which helps the students to gain the much needed experience after their graduation. Studying in Ontario would be ideal for students transferring from Sri Lanka, the astounding number of high ranked universities to choose from and the student perks you receive makes this the state you should continue you degree,” says Mercian Tousaint.
He joined ANC’s US/ Canadian Transfer program after his ALs at Colombo International School and transferred to York University in spring 2017.
University of Calgary representatives will be in Colombo on 8th August at Hotel OZO.
Join ANC after OLs or ALs (Local/ London)!
For more information, please contact 0777449955, visit us at www.ancedu.com| No.308 – 310, R. A. De Mel Mawatha, Colombo 03, or follow us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/ancedu/