• The only Business degree program (on-site) offered by a US university in Sri Lanka
• Paid Student Internships Guaranteed in the most respected corporations (Final Year)
• Classes conducted in Colombo and Kandy
ANC is a top-of-mind brand in Sri Lanka in terms of international education. With the inception of ANC in 2002, thousands of students have been able to earn authentic US qualifications in Business without travelling overseas for quality higher education:
ANC has reached out to Sri Lankan students as well as a number of international students to have access to a world class Business education in collaboration with Northwood University (NU), USA. Students save up to 70% of the cost of reading for the same degree in the USA, yet they have access to the same standard of education as practiced in America and receive their academic transcripts (identical to those of their US counterparts) only from NU.
Value of Higher Education and the Demand for Employability Skills
University education is the most important contributor to success in life. Higher education leads to lucrative careers. Studies have demonstrated that graduates earn several times more than non-graduates in a lifetime. Not surprisingly, millions of students all over the world pursue higher studies.
In present era of globalization, the world is undergoing rapid changes, and it demands higher learning institutes to equip their students with employability skills to help them meet the challenges of competitive job market. It is observed that millions of students around the world remain unemployed after their schooling, graduation, and post-graduation: there is a big void in the present day education system and the demands of job market.
US Education System
With 8 universities in the “top 10” and 30 in the “top 100”, the U.S. education system is ranked 1st in the QS Higher Education System Strength Rankings (2016). U.S. graduates are the most sought-after in the world. With 6 universities in the top 10, U.S. universities top the Global University Employability Rankings (2016) as well. Unlike other education systems, US education focuses on the all-round skill development of students with the objective of molding them into leaders of tomorrow’s business world. There are opportunities for students finishing O levels to enroll in undergraduate degree programs.
Through its partnership with several US universities, ANC has enabled thousands of brilliant students, who were denied of the admission to state universities due to limited capacities, to achieve their higher education dreams.
A Northwood University Education at ANC
Northwood University ranks fourth in the U.S.A. for “Best Value Business School” (Based on PayScale’s Return on Investment (ROI) Report) and holds accreditation from the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP). With several specialized majors to choose from and industry-specific curriculums, Northwood-ANC partnership has established a phenomenal record of career success for ANC graduates.
Northwood University offers a range of degree programs in areas of Business:
• BBA Marketing
• BBA Management
• BBA International Business
• BBA Finance
• BBA Management Information Systems (MIS)
• BBA Hospitality and Tourism
“The academics combined with internships and experiential learning opportunities provide students the hands-on experience.” In addition, students develop strong analytical and communication skills that are vital to success in any career. What’s more, ANC’s business students stand the great opportunity to boost their earnings and competitiveness in the job market by earning a dual major from Northwood University. Dual majors are available in the following curriculum combinations:
• Business Management + Marketing
• Business Management + International Business
• Business Management + Finance
GPSI (Guaranteed Paid Student Internships) program:
The prime objective of the GPSI program is to ensure that our students gain hands-on experience and exposure to real-world problems and issues that perhaps are not found in textbooks. In addition, there are several other benefits enjoyed by ANC students:
• earning both academic credit and a salary
• cultivating adaptability and creativity in a dynamic world
• refining their skills
• strengthen their resumes and make a career network for themselves, which would come in handy in future
• evaluate specific companies or specific careers prior to committing to full-time employment—a “try before you buy” type experience
• unpaid internships are less likely to help grads-to-be get a job; on the other hand, paid internships guarantee students a career upon graduation
• Several multinational companies such as MAS Holding, Virtusa, Samsung, DIMO, Hilton, Cinnamon Hotels and Resorts, Heyleys, etc. have welcomed ANC students as interns, and most of them have been able to secure full time employment in these organizations upon graduation. They are also given opportunities within these companies for faster advancement and growth.
All in all, ANC students find employment immediately after graduation with high profile placements in the industry, and the feedback from the industry attests that ANC graduates are highly effective in employment and invaluable assets to any organization.
Students with pending O/L results can now secure enrollment in the degree programs mentioned above. For more information, please contact/ visit us at:
• 0777449955|www.ancedu.com| No.308 – 310, R. A. De Mel Mawatha, Colombo 03
• 322, Peradeniya Road, Kandy
• or follow us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/ancedu